Our History

The Center for Radiological Research was first founded at Memorial Hospital in 1915 and moved to Columbia University in 1942.

Gioacchino Failla served as the director from 1915 until 1960.

In 1960 Harold H. Rossi became the director and served in that position until 1984.

Eric J. Hall served as the third director for 25 years.

David J. Brenner, Ph.D. has been the director since 2008.