WHO Collaborating Center for Advanced Practice Nursing
The School of Nursing of Columbia University has been designated as a WHO Collaborating Centre for Advanced Practice Nursing from January 2011 to January 2015.
WHO Collaborating Center Personnel
- Center Director: Elaine Larson, RN, PhD, FAAN, CIC
- Co-Director: Norma Hannigan, DNP, MPH, FNP-BC, DCC
Key result areas of the WHO Collaborating Center for Advanced Practice Nursing are as follows:
- To strengthen the human resources research with a primary focus on
nursing, and assist in developing research capacity among leading nursing
institutions in several countries.
- To strengthen the systems to train, precept, & supervise nursing
personnel who are HIV primary care providers in several heavily affected
- To assist in strengthening the training of nurses in the leading schools in the countries affected by conflict or disasters by integrating emergency preparedness into curricula & national plans.