Candidates must meet the following requirements to be eligible to take the ABCC certification examination. Formal documentation is required.
- National certification as an advanced practice nurse or eligibility
- Recognition or licensure by a state board of nursing as an advanced practice nurse or eligibility
- Graduate of a DNP program from a school of nursing accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC)
- Important update for the 2014 examination
- An advanced practice nurse with an earned doctoral degree who is licensed and certified is eligible to sit for the April 2014 examination.